Monday, August 20, 2012

God is a Matchmaker - How I Met My Husband

I am my beloved's and He is mine.. Song of Songs. God is a matchmaker and author of the best fairy tales. If not for dreams, prophetic words and encounters, we would have missed each other. The Lord had told me that my story would be a combination of Ruth's and Esther's. It would be so unbelievable that our children will not believe it. Here is a the rundown of events as they happened.
----
My left shoulder had been bothering me severely for the past year. At the last piano recital I played, I was told that God wasn't going to supernaturally heal it this time and I had to go see a doctor. I hated to have to spend money. I avoided the doctor's office for a month until I got tired of having to take students the Social Security Office in OKC. Right before going to the doctor, on September 26 - I had a dream in which the Lord told me to watch out for 2 men about 6 ft tall, had something to do with the Air Force. I saw my orthopedic on Sept 30 and he was around 6'4". No big deal with the shoulder, tendonitis he said. A steroid shot and 4 weeks of physical therapy.

1. Oct 28 - My last orthopedic appt and the doc clears my shoulder. I went ballroom dancing to celebrate that night. It was a costume dance so I had a mask on. Met someone there who was an excellent dancer. He didn't ask for my contact info so I just figured well, see him at another dance. I had a blast! Nobody could figure out who I was.

2. Oct 30 - I went to Council Road Baptist church. I told my friend that there's one date I won't turn down, if a guy came and asked me out to ballroom. Won't care who or what he is, just want to go dancing.

3. Oct 31 - I was teaching at 10:00 am. Someone walks up to the music building, my classroom to look for me. It is Patrick. I guess with only my name and workplace, it was the only way to find me. He wanted to let me know all the regular ballroom dances in OKC. So awkward to have it all play out in front of 6 students.

4. Nov 1 - I get an email from Patrick asking me to a formal ball on Dec 4. He said to call him to let him know. I did lots of checking on him and yes, he is in the Air Force.

5. Nov 2 - I accept the invitation so long as I could practice. I found out that there would be lots of prominent people of OKC at the ball. He suggests I go to church with him or check out Council Rd Baptist. HAH!

6. Nov - we figure out a few practices and I find out during our first practice that he takes care of international students at his church. He was wanting to do something for them at Thanksgiving. I told him I used to host lots of parties for that and would be willing to help.

 7. Nov 13 - I visit the intl student ministry with him.

8. Nov 18-22 - I was in Scottsdale AZ for a meeting. That was where he was stationed before in the Air Force. Had email or calls everyday from him. One in particular bugging me to go Black Friday shopping with the students and him.  While I was at the meeting, part of a dream came to pass. I had dreamt I went in search of a bagpiper playing Amazing Grace. When I found the piper in the dream, the music was coming from a wedding. The Westin had a piper every evening at 5:00 pm. Yes, I went in search of the piper and as soon as I found her, she played Amazing Grace. As the meeting ended the next day, I left the conference center to the strains of Amazing Grace again.
           On the last day, I was here I distinctly heard the Lord question me. "Where are you?" I replied, "Scottsdale, Arizona."
"Yes, but where are you?"
"Arizona."
"What is Arizona?"
"The desert"
"Also known as?"
"The wilderness"  As soon as I said that, I heard Jon Thurlow's song lyrics repeat over and over. It goes - "I know the end of the story, I come up from the wilderness, leaning on my beloved's" Something is happening, but I don't know what.

9. Nov 25 - We spend 12 hrs chaperoning 4 girls shopping. We co-ordinate our outfits for the ball.

10. Nov 27 - I went to Council Rd Baptist and figured I was never going to plug in into that church cos I didn't know anyone. Wanted to call Patrick after church to let him know I would go to church with him next Sunday. He beat me to it. Called and said, "You are coming to church with me next week. We are going to the intl Sunday School party after church. I already told them you will be there. What food can we bring?" Very funny invitation, more like an order.
"I need my dance partner there. I promised them we would show them a couple of moves." WOW! I never promised anything but boy, this person is insistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment