Sunday, October 10, 2010

52 Days, Timing IS Everything

Nehemiah 6:15 So the wall was finished on the twenty-fifth day of Elul, in fifty-two days.

I was having a hard time deciding when we should move into our permanent location - The Band Room in Galle Johnson. I wanted to remain I made the decision to not delay our move when in my daily reading my eyes fell on the verse in Nehemiah. I jumped out of bed and ran to a calendar. I started counting the days from August 20, when my student leader and I began to draw up initial plans for an interest meeting. I realized October 11 was the 52nd day, so whatever happens we will do it.

We have the mics and stands, projector, keyboard, guitar amps, computer and all the licenses we need. We have a case of bibles. We now have a drama team who has been rehearsing and will be performing their first skit soon - Lifehouse Everything. There will be some loose ends to tie up here and there but we are on the move.

I realized today that we have been established on campus as an organization in God's timing and in His favor. Another Christian organization tried to be official on campus and theirs was rejected. Again, if we even hesitated for one day, we would have MISSED everything. (Before you think I'm against them, I have been involved with that organization before and most of my AL friends are active members currently. I am also good friends with several campus ministers serving in that organization.) There can never be enough ministries because there are so many people. Giving a salvation call is easy but the follow up is the long road. Discipling others cannot take place in a large group setting. It takes many hours of time and much energy to make disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment