Sunday, October 10, 2010

Waiting for THE Thunderstorm

At the revival services last week, I received a few more words for this season. I am waiting for a life partner. I would be lying if I said that the wait is getting easier. Moving into ministry like this alone is difficult and I've been asking God to send me helpers & ministry partners. The Lord has been sending me friends to encourage me along the way in this wait. I managed to get together with a few friends from Alabama two weekends ago and they shared this. "A woman gives birth, a man doesn't. In your case, you have to birth your ministry and it is not his job. It is your job but he will come along and be the husband - to protect and guard."

I didn't go forward for prayer to ask for a husband this round because I know it is already done but God knows the heart. Even without voicing this, Pastor Hansie Steyn called me out twice concerning this, that he was praying for a husband to come along and exhorting me to keep waiting. God uses people to speak into our lives. Before you think, "hmm I thought this is about the campus ministry," I need to tell you that I know for a fact that my marriage and ministry will go hand-in-hand. It is my battle to wait for the right partner to not jeopardize that which God has called me (and us) to do.

While praying and interceding for the campus ministry, I had three snapshots of Cowley College that I saw and sensed an urgency. I saw Cowley in the bright sunlight, with a beautiful blue sky over it - a normal day, nothing unusual. Then, the next snapshot was Cowley with storm clouds covering it until there was only some light left in the horizon. This was not a scary storm but one Kansans would love to watch. The last vision was with the storm clouds again but this time, above the clouds was the brightest light, the glory of the Lord. After seeing this, I started praying, "Lord, break, break, break those clouds! Come down, let your glory fall and rain, start raining. Send your rain, rain, rain!" Praise the Lord!

I am standing and believing in His promise that He has given me the land under my feet. I listened to "Taking Your Land" on GodTV the other night. Something struck me there - Christians need to learn to take authority. The devil doesn't fear a Christian who just knows his position, the Word etc but one who knows and is willing to act on what he knows and will take authority. I'm learning to take spiritual authority over the campus when I pray for the campus, not begging God. God already wants to send His glory and revival on campus. He wants to more than I do, or all of us on campus combined. He just needs people who are willing to command and be His voice on campus. What a humbling experience! I ask, "Why me?" but the Lord always answers, "Why not you?". To that, I have no answer other than, "You called me because of your Son!"

No comments:

Post a Comment