Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Bride

What a journey from May! I can't even begin to imagine the roller coaster but here are the new revelations and lessons:

1. Jesus calls us to be His bride:
He calls us to an intimate relationship with Him. Without such a relationship, nothing will be birthed (yes, we know this on earth, don't we?). We all get spiritually pregnant with the fruits of the Holy Spirit. He gives us gifts for our enjoyment. I've felt that I've been in labor for CCF for months now. Only a beloved warrior will fight. It is only the love of God that sustains His bride. The love of God is displayed in many facets - giving His righteousness, justification, purification, gifts and anointings of the Holy Spirit, power & authority etc. There's so much - read your bible and you'll find out for yourself! My puny brain cannot even begin to fathom.


2. Knowing Him in His suffering:
We learn to share in His suffering. The words of the song "Knowing You Jesus (All I Once Held Dear)" are becoming more and more real to me. When I am slandered, gossiped and lied about, it is persecution for His word. When my mistakes or those of others affect me, I know He hurts because of our suffering. Studying the Song of Solomon has been more than comforting for me as I walk through this season. I don't accept that God is the author of the suffering but He is the Deliverer and He loves me so much that He will and has released everything I need to overcome. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment