Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CCF - Oct 25 Sermon for me

The next morning it seemed that everything I had preached at First Christian Church I couldn't do. I was so angry on Monday morning and everything upset me for no apparent reason that I could understand. I asked the Lord, "Why am I so angry? What is making me so upset?"

At noon, I heard a distinct voice asking very nicely, "Does someone need a hug from me today? I think someone feels very threatened today and feels like her territory is being constantly invaded. She doesn't realize that her job belongs to me."

Whoa, what a kind rebuke. I knew that moment that the solution to my anger was to press close to the Lord and just to let myself rest in His love. Interesting thing is that the sermon for CCF that evening was "Significant, Secure and Accepted."

Yes, again the sermon was for me. I was honest and open with the students as to what went on that morning. How the Lord really spoke to me that I was very angry and upset because I didn't know I was significant in His eyes. I wasn't secure in His love and I didn't know I was already accepted. I was trying to gain my security and acceptance from my colleagues and students, which doesn't always work. We got together in small groups to discuss what were the hardest things for us to accept from God.

For the second time, God was preparing me for the weekend ahead. He did give me a physical "hug" that evening after CCF. I got to eat dinner for free at the local Chinese restaurant and also take home the sushi from the bar. That relieved me of cooking the next day which would be busy with the choir concert. Acts of service and gifts - my love languages. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment