Friday, November 5, 2010

My Weekend at IHOP-KC (Day 2 - Evening)

It would be my first time in the auditorium that I've watched on tv for months. I had been following the IHOP-Awakening services on tv and have been very blessed from the teaching and testimonies there. I didn't know that you had to get there very early to get a seat in there. It was pretty full by the time we got there and it was a little difficult to find a seat. I believe the Lord placed me where He wanted me to be that evening.

I didn't feel the need to go forward for prayer because I believe that the Lord had delivered me from my affliction the night before. I just need to believe in faith that it is done. As I was standing and praying in worship, I get a tap on my shoulder from a young lady. She said she felt the Lord was telling her to tell me a verse and some words. She had her bible open to Matthew 13:8 - "But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." She said the Lord also wanted her to tell me that I am good ground and I am a good seed. She said, "I don't know who you are, where you are in your walk and how long you have been a Christian but the Lord says someone planted good seed in you and you are good ground. That seed is growing because you are good ground." So she said she felt that she was also to pray for me and we prayed together.

After the prayer, I asked to read the verse myself again and my eyes fell on Matthew 13:9 - "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" As soon I read that, I pointed at it and said, "This verse is truly for me." And she said, "I was about to tell you that." Whoa, Lord. My mind is blown. I don't know how to process this. I questioned the second prophetic minister but now it is truly been confirmed.

Several other people prayed for me as I admitted to battling afflictions for a long time. Then there was a call for those who were struggling with fear to raise their hands. I did. I have been going to work with fear everyday since August. I was in great fear that I would lose my job or that things at work would become unbearable.
The Lord had a lot to say in this matter and two young ladies came to pray for me. Wow, what prophetic prayers they were praying. They were expressing the thoughts in my heart that I was not brave enough to pray out loud for.

After they finished praying, one of them told me she heard the Lord speaking to her clearly, "I hear this repeatedly - "I am Your husband. I am Your husband." The Lord is saying that over and over again. As my husband, it is His duty and delight to defend you and protect you. He will provide for you. The Lord says He has heard your prayers, and pleading and He sees the cry of your heart. He will answer all your prayers and all the things you have pleaded for. He will fulfill them for you. He will take you to new heights and do new things for you. I see a boldness in you to preach the gospel. You need confidence, not a confidence in yourself but a confidence in the Lord, secure in His love."

"The Lord says you have ears and you do hear Him."

WOW. Okay Lord, if you say one more thing, I'm going to blow up because my capacity fuse has just been blown. Can I really take anymore of this love? I had no way of processing all this. There are no words to describe what I felt or was thinking. Indescribable, incomprehensible, all-consuming God. Everything I heard from random strangers today all pointed me back to Him.

God truly loves ME. I've known it in my head but today I know it in my heart. I sleep well this night and wonder what more could happen the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment