Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Battles - 2

Monday - I had to stir myself up to go to work with a very sore throat and the start of a cold. It was a good, productive workday. At CCF, we had a dozen students again and it was good to see the new Keynotes. It brings back fond memories of my learning and growing experience at Southwestern. I'm glad it was a mostly worship music service, because it was what I needed. Who knew that it would come full circle? Keynotes is also inspiring CCF students to do something similar.

Tuesday - The cold gets worse but I'm in a much better mood. It was group brainstorm day in Aural Skills so I was in and out of the classroom, mainly cos I had to keep getting medicine. Silly me left my door open and I didn't realize that my billfold was stolen. I was surprised that I didn't fall to pieces when I got home and couldn't find it. All my cards and cash were in there, including the money my piano student paid me. The thief left my iPod Touch! The eyes of the thief was blinded to the things of true value. God was still protecting my heart. I just had to spend some time canceling accounts and cards, and getting my driver's license replaced. It's okay... I know who stole it and I know the thief will have to repay seven times.

I listened to Joyce Meyer and Joseph Prince back to back after dinner. Joyce talked about not letting thoughts overtake our minds and to keep our minds focused on Christ. Good advice for what had just happened! Following that, Joseph Prince continued the series on the role of the High Priest. He spoke about the anointing oil and how it is poured on the head of the priest. The oil runs down the head to the beard and then to the garments of the priest. This is symbolic of God's anointing being poured out on His leaders (pastors, elders) and then it is through them that the people are ministered to. The blessings of a ministry are proportionate to the anointing of the leader. You want miracles? Look at what is happening in your leader's life. That is also why the enemy attacks the leader first, to stop the anointing from getting to the people. It is a STRONG reminder for me.

Wednesday, I make the decision to cancel my classes for the weekend. The kids are not in the mood to study with the bluegrass festival happening 10 miles north. I'm not feeling well either and I do have a full festival ticket to bluegrass. I might as well just cut myself a break. What a stormy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment