Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Battles

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows."

I have entered the season of battles, willingly or unwillingly, knowingly or unknowingly.

Sunday - This was quite a strange day. I had a dream, very clearly from the Lord. I dreamed I was at Pathways and we were in groups praying. As I was praying, I heard this verse "I have anointed you to preach the good news, to free the captives. I have anointed you" over and over again. I looked at my friend who was sitting next to me and she said I needed to tell the leaders of the group. I didn't want to, I was afraid to but she was already dragging me to the front and I heard the same voice "There is NO time!" I teared up when I heard this and knew I had to.

By the time we got up to the front, the leader had already dismissed the group but he said we had the mic and we could do anything we wanted. People were leaving, talking and going to the restroom, etc. Suddenly, someone from the back said loudly, "The people who want to stay can stay. This is the Holy Spirit's time and he is welcomed to do whatever he pleases."

I motioned to some musicians and they start playing, people started singing. Before I could give the verse, I saw a line of people form behind the mic. Someone started telling of what the Holy Spirit was telling her. Before she could even get much out, more people started saying, "I want to say something too ..." "The Holy Spirit told me ... " "God is doing ..." When I saw this, I was very moved and shocked. God had already moved in so many people.

I woke up at this point. I heard clearly "I have anointed you to preach the good news. I HAVE ANOINTED YOU!" I couldn't move for a minute or so and just lay there. I shouldn't delay or hesitate any longer.

It's been a long time since I've cried for hours but it needed to happen. There are many things that happen that are irritants, but minor irritants can turn into severe blisters. Lots of things happened during the summer that have turned into blisters which all needed to be lanced. I identified another area that I haven't died to self yet: I haven't crucified self-condemnation. I have not ceased to be my own judge so I am holding myself captive.

God knew a few days beforehand that I wouldn't be in any shape to preach on Monday. He provided. On Friday morning, I received a call from Martin asking if Keynotes could come play. Cowley is deserted on Friday evenings so I said it would be better if they came during CCF on Monday. Sure enough they could. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment