Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Friday the 13th, A Turning Point

It was the day of my colleague's husband's funeral. I mourned privately for them and it took every ounce of strength to attend that funeral. I ended the last academic year with a student's funeral. I really didn't want this year to start with one. I prayed for a word from God that morning.

The pastor read from John 11 about the raising of Lazarus. I had just heard a sermon on it that the message still sat with me. Then he read from Psalm 103, one of my favorites. As he read it, I couldn't help but speak it along. He preached a salvation message and I needed that assurance and encouragement that morning.

After the service, my comments to a colleague revealed my identity which I had kept quiet about for the first year. The wheels became set in motion. This led to me talking to another faculty member. I told her about the word given about Cowley and she said, "We need to pray for you. (!)" What an encouragement! With this, I also knew that God had set many things in place already. He doesn't leave details out.

The following week six of us gathered in my office to pray for the campus ministry. I was given the courage to move forward despite feeling very lonely in Ark City and battling thoughts of quitting. After this, my phone starts ringing and other people are offering to partner with us. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment