Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend of Faith Building

I prayed about what to say to the FCA sponsor. I have no intentions of offending him. I prayed that night that God would give me the words and He did. In the early hours of Saturday morning, I had a dream? vision? impression? I was writing this email and all the words came to me. I knew that was the way it was to be done. I fought this too. When I send the email, I would reach the point of no return. No turning back, no turning back!

I spoke to a few mentors in ministry that weekend and their word was to obey and proceed. If God be for you, who can be against you? It is not people that God is coming against, it is a stronghold that is going to be torn down. Unless the Lord builds the house, the laborers labor in vain. Every door I have approached has opened.

The more the task got clearer the more doubts I had. OK, no one has even taught me how to plan a sermon. Holy Spirit and I are in this together now. No books, no teachers except the bible and Him.

I sat down Sunday night and wrote the email. Someone else had to "hold my hand" via cyberspace on facebook to encourage me to hit the "send" button. I did it, had peace and went to bed. Monday would arrive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment