Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Specific Task without Specifics

When God puts plans together, He does not leave out details. Ten people is a lot of people to feed and house for my budget, so I emailed the host pastor (Willie & Alicia Galvan) whether they could help us out. They so kindly offered to feed us breakfast and dinner every day. That was the confirmation I needed! What a blessing!

I expected to be at a small church but when we arrived, I felt we had known the pastors and the members for a long time. There was such a kindred spirit. I was very happy to see my students receive from the Lord what they needed and what they wanted on the first night of the revival. I didn't go forward for prayer myself but was at the altar to support my students who did.

As I turned to leave the service that night, Pastor Willie stopped me and gave me a specific word regarding Cowley College and what I was sent there to do. That was given to me in private. God said I though 8 students was a lot, and that I can't imagine how many more will come. Tough call but I am prepared to obey and carry His plan out. If I did not hear it clearly enough the first night, the second night the same words were spoken to me in public. When the voice of the Lord is so loud and clear, I know the task ahead is difficult. Hence, here starts ministry training.

No comments:

Post a Comment