Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Joshua 1 - The Plan

I wondered the next few days what I was to do. I've no formal ministry training but I've served with many different teams. There were always lessons to learn in those. Thanks Southwestern College! I learned a LOT in the outreach teams and chapel.

On the last morning we were there (Thurs, May 20), I heard a voice calling out loudly at around 7:30 am. "Hey! Hey! Hey you! Listen ... The Law shall not depart from you, Meditate on it day and night. This is the word of the Lord for you." No one else was awake in that room. I looked at the student who said it and called her. She was totally sound asleep and when she woke up, she had no recollection of anything. I knew deep down that it was for me.

We began to try to figure out where the verse came from. Someone suggested Joshua 1:11 and I read it but it wasn't the right verse so I brushed it off. My eyes fell on Joshua 1:8 and it was exactly the verse. The road map of the plan. "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (NKJV)

On our way home to Ark City, my student suggested we look at Joshua 1:11 again. This verse is even more telling of our mission for Cowley College. She read it out loud this way: “Pass through the camp and command the people, saying, ‘Prepare provisions for yourselves, for within three days you will cross over this Jordan, to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess.’ (NKJV)Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, three days and Cowley fell!”

The campus is the Lord's!

No comments:

Post a Comment