Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spilling the Beans ... Planting the Seeds

I am working at Cowley College and this is my second year there. If you don't already know, I love cooking and throwing parties. I enjoy it. It isn't a chore. I invite students over especially those whom I know have no kitchen or would just need a good meal. An-An, my cat does the entertaining with chasing the laser pointer and youtube videos provide background music for lip syncing. These parties have allowed me to get to know a lot of different students, since they bring different friends each time.

I committed to eating at the cafeteria at least once a week. It didn't do good things for my weight (Yes, you think I'm skinny but in Asia, they think I'm fat. XXL clothing proves it. Ok got it out), but I got to know so many students and enjoy the silliest conversations. I have not been innocent either, causing at least two students to duck under the table from sheer embarrassment. :)

I asked about the campus ministry but I never really got involved with it. Little did I know, I was already planting the seeds and didn't realize it. I visited FCA on campus towards the end of the academic year and just became burdened with the needs that were present. There remains a need for the Word of God to be taught and preached to the students. I remember when I was a college student and I thought I knew something about Jesus, but I didn't. I didn't really know Him then but we have a much better relationship now.

At the end of my first year there, I took 7 students and some of their family members to a revival down in Midwest City, OK. There were many things shared to me that I knew needed more prayer ministry than I felt comfortable. I wanted to see Hansie Steyn and his family again, just to say hi. I wasn't seeking to be ministered to myself but God had more in store for me than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment