Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thursday Aug 19 - First day of classes

What an exhausting day! I had to go back in the evening for the club/activities fair because I am co-sponsoring SHADE, a multi-cultural club. After that, my student helped me take some things back to my office and I shared my heart with her. I am terrified of stepping out. There are many hurts I'm dealing with and it is difficult.

Thanks to the faith of this young lady, I received the encouragement from the Lord to take another step. To encourage = to put courage in where there is none. She suggested that we should just call a meeting and spread the word, see how many students come and see what they want. If they want it, then we will proceed. We spent a little time in prayer and songs. I slept very well that night.

On Friday morning, we met in my office and came up with a list of 40 names between the two of us. WHOA! I didn't want to hit the send button before talking to FCA. I'm not competing with them. Ministry is never a competition. There is too little being done on campus and there is so much MORE to be done. So we decided we'll go on the down low and just have a small group come together on Monday night Aug 23 at 7:00 pm.

Later on Friday afternoon, I obtained permission to use the band room. You think this would be an all-clear signal too right? No, I was still hesitating.

No comments:

Post a Comment