Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday, Aug 23

As of Monday 3:00pm, Campus Christian Fellowship (the unofficial) was talked about. We have 9 faculty and staff willing to support the group by their presence and hosting three bible studies.

Yes, we met at 7:00pm. There were 12 of us and another faculty member. It was a blessed time of worship for me and everyone there. The words from this song came to me while I was praying before the meeting.

"I have decided to follow Jesus, ... The world behind me, the cross before me, ... Though none go with me, still I will follow, ... No turning back, No turning back!"

Here it is, taking the big leap and making a big decision. I participated in the meeting but I watched the work of the Holy Spirit drawing the students to Himself. They were more excited and courageous than I was, already thinking of ways to advertise the group and preach the gospel. I told them all they had to do is tell me where to sign.

They would start a signature petition. They wanted to meet next Monday. They want to put on a skit for the lip sync contest. They want to do this, they want to do that.. wow! They WANT the group! It humbles me.

The wheels are turning and they keep turning...

No comments:

Post a Comment